The purpose of the Education, Skills and Employability Board is to provide leadership, the development of policy and the delivery of activity aligned to the priorities of the Strategic Economic Plan, the Recovery Action Plan and other approved strategies associated with education, skills and employability.
The role of the Education, Skills and Employability Board is to:
· Shape future policy development and priorities on issues related to education, skills and employment
· Develop new education, skills and employment programmes
· Make investment decisions up to £2 million within the agreed budget and policy on education, skills and employment, as delegated by the Mayoral Combined Authority (MCA)
· Accept grants with a value of less than £2 million
· Monitor programme delivery and performance on skills and employment.
· Act as the Programme Board for Adult Education Budget delivery
The meetings are not held in public, but members of the public can submit a question to the Education, Skills and Employability Board. For more information click here.
The Education, Skills and Employability Board’s Terms of Reference can be found in the constitution.
This board took over from the Skills and Employment Board on the 21 September 2020.